06 July, 2012

Strength & Endurance


6 Jul 12(Fri)

Strength  (morn)

    Warmup
    25 KB Swings      (40lb)

    5 Rounds
    3 Muscle Cleans  (115lb, 135, 135, 135, 135)

Endurance  (eve)

    5 Rounds
    500m   Row        (2min 5-10sec each)
    1-2min Rest

  Got both WODs in, which is good.  =D  Had to do them backwards from schedule because there was a couple of chatty housewives sitting on the rowers in the morning. Never did see them row.   >:/

  Had good form on cleans today. Used hook-grip for all. Coach Burgener would be proud.  XD

  I have essentially completely given up on eating Paleo. I've been doing it off-and-on for 2-3 years, but it's never agreed with me. There's something to be said for it, but if nothing else I get turned against anything that is used in a fanatic, unthinking, unevidentiary  manner, and I'm afraid that that's what Paleo is kind of becoming with all the new folks entering Crossfit. The fundamental core principle of Crossfit is evidence-based results... if it works, use it. For me, the evidence appears to be for a variety of normal, good quality foods. It'll be a relief to not have to think about it any more, frankly, and I'm sure that that alone will be a nice difference.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment