04 July, 2012

1000m Rows & Schedule


3 Jul 12 (Tue)

Endurance

    3 Rounds
    1000m Row
    2min Rest
    ***  4min 30sec +/-3sec each round, on 6 damper

  Went much smoother than I thought it would. I do one distance of 500m so often that I was nervous about going higher. Stupid. Doing one thing over and over is against the principle of variety in Crossfit. The new schedule should take care of that a bit, I hope.

  Here 'tis:
               Mon        Tue        Wed        Thu        Fri        Sat        Sun
  (Morn)    Str          End         x           Str         End        x           x
  (Eve)      CF          Str           x           CF         Str         x           x

  Str  (Strength)     =  CF Football  or The Outlaw Way
  End (Endurance)  = CF Endurance
  CF   (Crossfit)      = CF Mom or CrossFit.com

  I might not be able to do this because of allotted time in the morning, but I think that it's a good schedule that gives a pleasant variety and amount of workouts that would give good, well-rounded results. There are enough rest-days for good recuperation and rejuvenation, as well.

  They're all technically Crossfit workouts, but I wanted to make the differentiation clear for the simple, focussed ones. I know the Crossfit Mom sounds silly, but the advanced WOD for them is very well scaled from the main site for someone getting back in shape, assuming that I raise the prescribed weights for being a man....and not pregnant.   :P

  Picture is a Special Forces soldier (Andrew) doing Crossfit in Afghanistan. Thanks, buddy. I remember that you're there.

No comments:

Post a Comment