03 May, 2012

Swimming 50s


3 May 12 (Thu)

    Warmup
    20 Bench Press  (85lb)
    20 Situps
    20 Pullups         (assisted 130lb)

    10 Rounds
    50m Swim         (50m freestyle, 50m back-kick, alternating each 50m)
    **  ~1min rest

  My back-kick with arms extended is working pretty well, I think. Next time I shall do the same in prone with breathe in head-up, exhale head down. My main problem with trying lap-swimmming has always been that I inhale on one side and exhale on the other, both with head out of water. Once I can get a feel for exhaling underwater, then I feel that I could make good progress in being a consistent swimmer. I have a lifetime's worth of instinct to unlearn, though.   :/

  Above picture is from the swim event at the start of the 2011 Crossfit Games. Was good to see some swimming thrown in there.

  The ESPN link doesn't work that well sometimes, and I'm not convinced that it's day one. It does have, however, the commentary from the standard crossfit announcers & athletes that we all know and love. I don't mind ESPN showing the games...in fact I encourage it, but I really wish that there was an archive available somewhere else that I could download like in previous years.

  Here's the Part One of Sevan's behind-the-scenes of the 2011 Games (beach event). As always, Sevan makes a great, personal, funny, interesting documentary. If you only watch one video of the beach event, this is the one.

  Here's an article from the Crossfit Journal written by a reporter who normally covers things like Super Bowls, baseball, etc. It seems that she really enjoyed the 2011 Games & was awed by it. Well written.

No comments:

Post a Comment