12 September, 2010

Powerlifting


11 Sep 10 (Sat)


Powerlifting WOD
     Deadlift Triples         (up to 140kg / 310lb)
     Bench Press            (4x6reps at 50kg / 110lb)


So, I recently discovered that there's such a thing as Push-Pull Powerlifting. This is when the Back Squat is removed, so that the two lifts attempted are Bench Press & Deadlift. This is perfect for me as I have to do Box Squats for knees, which is helpful physically but not allowed in competition.


I figure that if I add a powerlifting WOD on Saturdays, then in a few months I can enter a push-pull  powerlifting competition. It'd be fun to experience what it'd be like to be in a weightlifting meet, and it gives me a chance to focus on training a couple of the lifts that I can actually do as prescribed. Sweet.


This WOD was my first pure strength workout. It's nice to sometimes just grab a couple of heavy-ass barbells and move them around. Not that the benches were heavy, of course, but those'll just be technique for the first couple-few weeks.   =D


Crossfit Quote
     Crossfit. Crushing egos, one workout at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment