19 March, 2012

New Gold's


18 Mar 12 (Sun)

    3 Rounds
    500m Row
    10 Situps

  Well, I re-joined Gold's Gym. (sigh) I'll probably regret it, but I simply needed the equipment & room, and the Crossfit gym just isn't really affordable right now. I mean, I could probably work it, but I just want to try Crossfit on my own for a bit and see if I can get results.

If I can find a ground-floor apartment or store-front or something near work, then I'll probably say screw it and buy a C2 rower, barbell set, rings, and just do it solo. I cannot be throwing BBs around in a second-floor apartment, though.  :(  That would be uncool.

I assume that I'll get frustrated with Gold's equipment, space, people, & policies pretty quickly, quit and get hounded by their fucking junk-mail & spam forever again, but I need to try something and the experiment is worth trying $70 a month. We shall see if it's feasible to do Crossfit in a Gold's. It may not be.

It's nice that my memories of how exhausting rowing was were accurate.  :P   My 500m Row PR was 1min37sec, and my Deadlift was 320lb. It'll be interesting to see how drastically those numbers have crashed in the last 1 1/2 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment