22 March, 2012

Benches & Rows


22 Mar 12 (Thu)

    Warmup
    500m Row

    1 Round of All
    21 Bench Press  (75lb)
    250m Row
    15 Bench Press
    250m Row
    9  Bench Press
    250m Row
    ***  ~8min

    Cooldown
    500m Row

  This one was a good, honest Crossfit WOD. I think I'll sub benches for pushups, at least for a while. I need to get some strength back, as well as get the wrists re-conditioned so that they aren't painful during pushups. 75lb was a nice, safe weight to try out for a medium number of reps; good baseline for pushups.

  I was forced to get an iPod Shuffle for the gym.  :/  Normally I never wear headphones while I'm out, but I've been spoiled by Crossfit... I just cannot stand that easy-listening crap that they play at Gold's. I don't understand what they're thinking. iPod seemed to work okay for benches & rows, but I'll see if it ends up getting in the way.

  Gold's people are kind of sad.  :(  The first time I walked in the door at Crossfit, I learned like 10 people's name and was laughing while we kicked ass together. I don't think I've seen any two people even speak to each other at Gold's. Pitiful.   :/   I don't know, maybe I'll try to change the climate eventually...

No comments:

Post a Comment