09 September, 2010

Whew


9 Sep 10 (Thu)


Daily WOD


     10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 3 Reps
     Deadlift          (100kg / 220lb)
     Clean             (50kg / 110lb)
     Push Press   (50kg / 110lb)    ***  From shoulders


Strength Wod


     None


Whew. This was the longest WOD ever. It ran almost 2 hours, so that didn't leave me the time to get in the Crossfit Football strength WOD.


Fail. Second day, and skipped one already.


This was a hell of a lot of strength work in one WOD, though...so there's that. Today was a sweaty one. A little surprising given that there wasn't any pure met-con work, but I was soaked by the end of it. Breath was okay, but sweaty like crazy.


Fun WOD, though. Dwayne, Mike, and I teamed up to minimize bar-usage and just switched plates around between people's sets. Worked fine, and I enjoyed the change-up to a pure barbell day.


Technique-wise, I thought that my deadlifts and cleans were pretty tight. I'm happy about the cleans because that was almost the first time I've done heavy cleans. Shame about my crappy push-presses...  =D  Mike made a lot of deadlift progress and Dwayne was reasonably solid all around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment